We have created a trade show survival checklist for exhibitors planning their next trade show. Our checklist items include everything you need to successfully prepare for your trade show from the planning stages through your attendee dates.
Take a look at what planning items we've listed on our checklist for exhibitors!
Exhibitor Preparation and Planning 101
The Trade Show Planning Checklist
Planning for the show.
- Secure your booth space.
- Determine your quantitative and qualitative goals for the show.
- Review show floor plans. Locate columns, walls, walkways, electrical ports, entrance, restrooms, eating areas, etc.
- Outline the booth space flow of traffic.
- Decide what you’re featuring at the show.
- Create a list of all items you will display at the show.
- Choose your trade show booth furniture.
- Decide what graphics you’ll need to incorporate.
- Pick out flooring.
- Determine who’s in charge of handling assembly and disassembly of the exhibit.
- Ensure your exhibit materials and signage follows show codes.
- Create cleanup plan for show.
Packing your business and survival supplies for the event.
Preparing a kit of safety and survival supplies at the show is essential to ensuring your success at a show. Prepare yourself for any unexpected events that may occur. Here is a checklist of all the supplies we stress to all exhibitors to have prepared before their next show.
Safety and Survival Supplies
- Wet wipes
- Vitamin-C / Emergen-C
- Lip balm
- Thread and Needle Sewing Kit
- Woolite or Travel Detergent
- Stain Remove Pen
- Sugary Snack – Candy, Power Bar
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cleaning Wipes
- Paper Towels
In addition to preparing safety and survival supplies, your business supplies and collateral should be packed and ready for your event. Make sure you don’t overlook packing your essential business materials such as business cards or brochures. Ensure your sales team is prepared to deliver sales content when requested by attendees.
- Business Cards, Personal
- Business Cards, Generic for backup
- Digital Presentation
- Spec Sheets
- Giveaway Swag
- Plastic Card and Signage Holders
- Extra ID Badges with Lanyards
PG Exhibits specializes in the exhibit design and fabrication of custom trade show booths, corporate environments, and experiential marketing centers. In addition, PG provides trade show management and trade show services. Our creative exhibit designs, industry experience and customer service is unparalleled.
Partner with PG Exhibits, and start your next project today!
Keep up with our blog to hear more about how you can stay on top of planning for your next trade show. To learn more about preparing yourself for after the show, read our next blog!